IMDA is a business association within the Irish Business and Employers Confederation (IBEC). As the largest business and employers organisation in Ireland, IBEC represents the interests of over 7500 organisations, of all sizes, in all regions and across all industry sectors. In addition to all the sector-related services the IMDA offers, as part of the larger confederation, IMDA members have access to the unique expertise and invaluable resources this organisation offers:
- IBEC provides a strong voice to business. Members have an opportunity to join forces to influence and shape the broader business environment on a national and international level. Our contribution to business policy spans a wide range of macro issues; Balanced regional development, Better Business Regulation, Competition, Education, Energy, Environment, European affairs, Social affairs, Taxation, Transport, Trade.
- As a member, you gain valuable economic and business information. Our network of subject specialists can provide you with tailored information on areas including international trade, economic trends and industry specific developments.
- We support members in developing their business in a range of world markets. Our business networks, focused seminars and market intelligence will keep you informed of the export and investment opportunities in the USA, Asia, Russia and other international markets. Closer to home, we can also help you to develop your business on an all-island basis.
- An acknowledged expert in human resource management, we provide comprehensive advice on HR best practice as well as handling disciplinary issues and grievances or disputes. We can also represent your organisation in union negotiations and at industrial relations institutions.
- The Employee Relations Information Unit provides a direct telephone/email service to quickly and comprehensively answer any questions you have on employment law compliance, policies and procedures.
- You can also access a range of resources and advice on occupational safety, health and welfare at work to help you achieve best practice in safety management and legislative compliance.
- Our easy-to-use website is a comprehensive database of information and intelligence crucial to running a business.