UK Customs & Market access jointly hosted by Ibec & UK Embassy
The Irish Medtech Association (IMA) and Biopharmachem Ireland (BPCI) in conjunction with the UK Department for International Trade have organised a Customs, Supply Chains and Market Access to the UK for Life Sciences workshop in Galway on 28th February.
This is an all day (9am -5pm) free event that aims to;
This is an all day (9am - 5pm) free event that aims to;
- Clarify what the new customs and revenue regulations for Life Science products will look like between the EU and UK
- Hear case studies from other companies about how they are adapting to the new changes with regard to logistical challenges
- Learn about future trading opportunities with the UK, particularly gaining access to the NHS and clinical trials
- Visit the CÚRAM research centre and find out what it can do for your company
- Network with other industry peers
The list of speakers/topics for the day is below and a running order will be developed in due course, however, attached is a draft agenda and below is some of the confirmed speaker so far;
Clarity on Customs and VAT: HMRC
- Medical Device Company Case Study – TBC
- Pharmaceutical Company Case Study - TBC
- Medicines and Medical Device Supplies: Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- How to Access the NHS: Dr Linda Magee – Department for International Trade, NHS Specialist
- Working with the NHS on clinical trials and access: Prof Chris Lowe – Founder of Biotechnology Institute, Cambridge University
- CÚRAM Research Centre Site Tour
Delegate cancellation policy
Any cancellations received in writing up to two weeks prior to the event are refundable. All bookings are provisional until full payment is received.
Photography at events
There may be a photographer and videographer at the event and we may publish images from this event on our website(s) and on our social media accounts.